December 30, 2009

The December Tomato Harvest

We are lucky enough to have a long growing season, but this was ridiculous!

Here I am, at six in the evening, on the way to a holiday party in late December, 2009, harvesting Roma Tomatoes from my vines right outside the back door. I made little packages of the tomatoes and other pasta ingredients and put them in the bowls I had made for the host and hostess of the party.

Late harvest tomatoes can be a bit tough in the skins, but the flavors are still there! Split them in half lengthwise, place on a baking sheet covered with parchment, sprinkle with olive oil, salt, pepper and herbs (I like Thyme and Tarragon, but the range is wide open) and slow roast for a couple of hours at 250°. Chop them up and toss with cooked pasta. Or place on a veggie sandwich. Delicious.




Visit Ginna's Website

No comments:

Post a Comment