November 19, 2010

Beef Short Ribs in Fruited Stock

For the 2010 Carmel Bach Festival Silent Auction, several colleagues and I offered a gourmet meal for six delivered to the "winner's" home for Valentines' Day, 2011, on plates made in my studio, which the "winner" of the auction item gets to keep.

I am in charge of the main course as well as the ceramic dinner service for six.

My meal? Beef Short Ribs in Fruited Stock with Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Broccolini. We did a test run several days ago with Gayle, my cooking buddy, whose job in this case is to make the salad (fresh butter lettuce with Meyer's Lemon, Olive Oil, shredded Parmesan, a sprinkling of Rice Wine Vinegar and sliced avocados).

I don't ordinarily cook meat in my kitchen. I eat meat on occasion, but cooking it is not generally my forté. However, this was amazing! Beef stock reduced for hours upon hours with a selection of stone fruits, the short ribs then simmered for hours in this amazing sauce/gravy/stock/reduction/glaze masterpiece. I sautéed mushrooms for the top.

If you are interested in this recipe, please email me.

Visit Ginna's Website

No comments:

Post a Comment