November 18, 2010

Oh Brother!

Eee-gad! A whole month since my last post. And I was going to be so disciplined about this!

Oh brother.

My "diet" is going well. Since David has joined me, it is going even better - it's good to have a buddy. We replace two meals per day with our shake, B vitamins and cleansing supplement, and if you are reading this and want to know just what is is we are doing, send me an email. If you don't give a darn about the fact that I've lost enough weight to loosen my jeans (I don't do scales), then read on about what we are cooking!

Sometimes, we long for a sandwich at noon, and so have our second shake in the evening. But, mostly, dinner is an event - a sort of regular evening date. Since David and I are both artists who work at home, the evening is often spent in our studios, his or mine, so our dinner hours together are key to our healthy relationship.

Last night it was "flipped" Chilean Sea Bass on a bed of mixed, sauteed vegetables - green onions, carrots, celery, garlic, green beans, shredded carrots. I learned to "flip" from my colleague at the Chopra Center, Gage Copenhaver, who as chef  de cuisine at several restaurants, flipped his way through his various jobs.

Flipping Dinner. High heat, fast cooking, searing on the outside, not overcooking the inside, since it continues to cook after removal from the pan.

Delicious. The Indian cooking revival is still going, but we needed a break.

Next up, Braised Short Ribs in Fruited Stock.

Thanks for listening.

GB


Visit Ginna's Website

No comments:

Post a Comment