October 17, 2010

Rainy Day Sunday

Hmmm.... new diet plan, or I should say eating plan, but really a non-eating plan... going well. Two meal replacements per day, great vitamin supplements, nice cleansing activity. I like it.

As a foodie, I really look forward to dinner. I am keeping it clean and healthy, but creative. Two nights ago I made a vegetable soup, with stock I had in the freezer - very handy, I make it regularly from the bones of Whole Foods chickens stored in the freezer in Zip Locks until there are enough to fill the pot.

Yesterday, my friend Vivien gave me a few apples from her tree. Cute little Granny Smiths. I had chicken sausages in the freezer, too. Since it's cold, blustery and rainy, it seemed a good night to make my favorite European Country dinner - Mashed potatoes and sausages with sautéed red cabbage and apples in Balsamic Vinegar. Truly warming and delicious. No butter in the mashed potatoes lowered the calorie and fat count. Small portions, lots o' water....

Back to Gourmet Indian in Minutes tomorrow.

Visit Ginna's Carmel Valley Studio Website

No comments:

Post a Comment